Friday I was sent to save a building in Haile Planation, Florida. This is a planned community that is beginning to mature. About 20 years old. The building is in the center village. The area lends itself to photographs. So I have taken a few for your enjoyment. I tried to get as much green and blue of Florida to shine through.
On Saturday we went to Fernandina Beach, FL to visit my sister, Beth, and her son, Shawn, and, of course, my mother and Clint. The weather was beautiful--not a cloud in the sky--just a bit cool for us Floridians (50's). We walked on the beach, walked around the quaint downtown, ate at an Irish pub. Beth is feeling good, Dotty and Clint seem fine. Shawn is great! It was a nice visit.
On Sunday we went to an art show and visited the painting of two artists we know, Mary Jane Volkmann and Melanie Peter in a five person show. After a quick but delightful visit we left for a Cancer Fundraiser held at the UF Softball stadium. Many college athletes tried to get a hit off our All-American Softball pitcher, Stacey Nelson. She made many football players, track stars, swimmers, and baseball players look foolish for fun. I have taken some pictures of Billy Donovan in the batters box. He looked pretty good hitting the ball once.
For more pictures go to: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=59225&l=b1a32&id=617928368
No comments:
Post a Comment