Today Sharon and I hosted a luncheon at Prairie Creek Ranch. The 750 acre ranch has a 5 bedroom, multi-rooms, decks, etc lodge, horse stables, out-buildings etc. ATC http://alachuaconservationtrust.org/ Alachua Conservation Trust recently purchased the ranch. Much of the land will be sold to the state of Florida and will enhance Florida State Park Paynes Prairie http://www.floridastateparks.org/paynesprairie/ and some of the land will be retained.
I am involved with a group that will buy 78 acres of the 750 acre ranch that we will turn into a Conservation Burial Ground. The group called Conservation Burial, Inc. http://www.conservationburialinc.org/ is made up of concerned citizens from the area. Today Sharon and I invited some of our Bahá’i friends to come look the property for the first time and give us their impressions. It was much fun and a great day to take a walk. The land needs to be cleaned up from non-native plants. We will do that and begin planting local plants as soon as all the money has been raised and all the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
For a few photos from today’s adventure go to: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=144814&id=617928368&l=5f2735f981
I am involved with a group that will buy 78 acres of the 750 acre ranch that we will turn into a Conservation Burial Ground. The group called Conservation Burial, Inc. http://www.conservationburialinc.org/ is made up of concerned citizens from the area. Today Sharon and I invited some of our Bahá’i friends to come look the property for the first time and give us their impressions. It was much fun and a great day to take a walk. The land needs to be cleaned up from non-native plants. We will do that and begin planting local plants as soon as all the money has been raised and all the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
For a few photos from today’s adventure go to: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=144814&id=617928368&l=5f2735f981
No comments:
Post a Comment