Monday, May 25, 2009

Dexter's Premier


Ohio—4/29 through 5/19/09


This was a wonderful trip—I drove up from Gainesville to Dayton and got to spend time with Dan and Ali before Dexter joined us. I spent one day with Heather, Jeff, and Cole and my brother. Heather and Cole came for a visit and we went to a science museum where Cole got to play and see and do fun things.

May 5 Dan and Ali went to the Wright-Pat base hospital to get started on induction and I was able to join them after 10 a.m. Heather came over in early afternoon and after a lot of pushing Dexter joined us, too!!! It was so amazing to witness his birth!!!!! After an extra day’s stay to be under the lights for jaundice the family came home and were greeted royally by Bosley, Ophelia, and Tigerlily.

Jeff, Heather, and Cole came by on the weekend for the day and we all enjoyed seeing Cole’s reaction—he did a great job of sharing until he just couldn’t stand Heather holding Dexter for one more moment!

We spent our days taking walks, caring for Dexter, and of course my favorite times were when I got to hold him! He is a beautiful little boy, so lucky to have Dan and Ali for parents. They are doing so well with him. Dan is so good changing diapers, feeding him, caring for him!

I hated to leave but had to get back to work. There are plenty of photos to see if you would like—see below. I can’t wait to get back up there!! Having some problems posting pictures to Facebook, but here are a few http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=80241&id=617928368&l=01a7a44328

1 comment:

Dan said...

Thanks for coming to help out with Dexter, you helped so much!