For the last six or seven years in a row, Sharon and I have attended at least one day of the Fernandina Beach Shrimp Feast. This is one of the largest art and craft shows in Florida. The setting is great in old downtown Fernandina and is spiced up with pirates taking over the shrimp boats. Anyway fun ensues and many vendors make money for local charities selling shrimp dishes, boiled, steamed, fried – you name it – you will find it served up for a price.
I use to take pictures of the art, but many artists do not like this practice. So this year I tried to focus on the art on people’s shirts and some pictures of the crowds. This year’s crowd seemed larger to me, that maybe a good sign for the local economy.
Here are some pictures of Sharon, Dottie and me and links to all the T-shirt art and some of the crowd. Link to Facebook pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=165344&id=617928368&l=5cefd35cbe
I use to take pictures of the art, but many artists do not like this practice. So this year I tried to focus on the art on people’s shirts and some pictures of the crowds. This year’s crowd seemed larger to me, that maybe a good sign for the local economy.
Here are some pictures of Sharon, Dottie and me and links to all the T-shirt art and some of the crowd. Link to Facebook pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=165344&id=617928368&l=5cefd35cbe
1 comment:
Looking good! Wish I could have been there.
Post a Comment