Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sharon in ALBUQUERQUE, NM 5/4-5/11/10



This was my first trip to see Dan, Ali, Dexter, Ophelia, and Bossley at the new assignment at Kirtland AFB. Their home is terrific. The rock yards in the development are really very nicely done and I really like the look. They all seem to have settled in nicely and the weather was terrific except for the wind storm that lasted about 14 hours of 50mph nonstop wind!

We celebrated Dexter’s birthday on 5/5 and some friends stopped by to add to the fun. He got a wonderful water table toy from his Gram and played with it daily! I got to see where Ali works and where Dexter goes to school. Ali worked for 2 shifts while I was in town so it gave me a chance to do some exploring on my own. I checked out Old Town top to bottom and found a couple of small souvenirs to bring home. I went to the Albuquerque Museum of Art where they feature a lot of outdoor sculptures and at the Museum of Natural History and Science I saw a great movie about the ocean off Africa. They have a lot of dinosaur fossils that I’m sure Cole would enjoy.

On Sunday Ali, Dexter, and I took the Sandia Peak Tram 2.5 miles up the mountain side for some amazing views and a bit of hiking. Albuquerque sits down in a plain that is surrounded on 3 sides by the Sandia part of the Rocky Mts. The mountains and mesas were beautiful! Dexter enjoyed the tram and getting to be in the snow!

I look forward to returning to NM—there’s a lot to see outside of the city (Santa Fe, Taos, Roswell, etc). So, I hope Dan and Ali get to stay there for awhile so we can continue to explore the Land of Enchantment!

1 comment:

Dexter said...

We loved having you visit!