Saturday, November 1, 2008

A few days with Heather, Jeff and Cole


After OSU won and Florida lost their football games I left to see Heather, Jeff and my 1st grandson Cole.
I love Cole’s blog: http://colejohnston.blogspot.com/ Reading it daily I really felt I would know him. I guess at this point I really know more about the writers he used to produces his blog. This is one sharp child.
It was wonderful to be with the Johnstons. On October 1st I got to be Cole’s babysitter for the morning. The day before he ran a temperature and could not come to school the next day. So Grandfather Allan was asked to stay with him in the morning so the parents could go teach others.
I got some wonderful pictures of my grandson and here is a link to my album of current photos. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43026&l=6fb31&id=617928368

That morning was wonderful and I would gladly do it again, but I guess it tired us both out. When Jeff came through the front door, Cole was resting on the floor and me on the couch. Heather called Jeff to check on us and I heard him say: “He is alive.” I am not sure if Heather was asking about her baby or her father. Anyway Cole and I got some time together and he is much cuter in person than on his blog. He can throw with both hands. He loves to read.
While I was in town we went to a local park to get some outdoor time.

On my last day with the family Heather announced she was pregnant again!! I wonder what Cole will think.


1 comment:

Cole said...

We loved having you dad! You did a great job babysitting. Cole can be a challenge and with your broken ribs... Love the pictures! - Heather